Women’s Backcountry Skills Weekend
Did you recently take a Level 1 AIARE avalanche course? And yet, you are still unsure of your own ability to safely plan and execute a back country tour? Then this is the clinic for you! AIARE Level 1 follow up: TAKE THE NEXT STEP UP!
Lodging and dinner included!
Minimum of 3 to run
Women's Backcountry Skills Weekend
Goal of this course :
- Apply what you learned in your Avalanche 1 course.
- Learn to use the tools you were given to plan and execute a back country tour under the guidance of a ski guide.
- Understand how to use navigation tools.
- Get to know on line sites that will allow you to choose safe terrain for the given avalanche forecast.
- Read and understand the local avalanche forecast and make good terrain choices based on that. Make a solid tour plan using that info.
Two full days of touring out of Aspendell, Bishop CA.
Meet Friday at 6 pm for dinner and intro to tour planning in Aspendell.
Day 1 ( Saturday): Participate in a guided tour where the guide will let you in on her tour planning and decision making process in the field.
Evening session: Familiarization with tour planning tools. Plan a tour on your own.
Day 2 ( Sunday): Tour and continue to evaluate our tour plan and terrain choices.
TRIP ITINERARYWomen's Backcountry Skills Weekend
DAY 1Meet at house in Aspendell, Biship for dinner at 6pm.
DAY 2Participate in a guided tour where the guide will let you in on her tour planning and decision making process in the field.
DAY 3Tour and continue to evaluate our tour plan and terrain choices.
March 24-26, April 14-16, April 28-30