AIARE 1 Refresher
This one day refresher designed for AIARE 1 alumni is a great way to kick the snow season into gear. Review and practice the backcountry decision-making framework and upgrade companion rescue skills in a primarily field- based format. Minimum of 2 to run. Custom scheduling available.
AIARE Level 1 Avalanche Course Refresher
The AIARE 1 Refresher is a 1 day (8+ hour) course that will:
- Provide a review of general avalanche information
- Refresh the AIARE framework for decision making and risk management in avalanche terrain
- Upgrade observation skills
- Review trip planning and preparation skills and principles.
- Improve communication, teamwork, and group management
- Review effective companion rescue techniques
At the end of the Level One refresher course the student should be able to:
- Plan and prepare for travel in avalanche terrain.
- Recognize avalanche terrain.
- Describe a basic framework for making decisions in avalanche terrain.
- Learn and apply effective companion rescue.
- Reviews (0)