AIARE 1 Refresher
This one day refresher designed for AIARE 1 alumni is a great way to kick the snow season into gear. Review and practice the backcountry decision-making framework and upgrade companion rescue skills in a primarily field- based format. Minimum of 2 to run. Custom scheduling available.
AIARE Level 1 Avalanche Course Refresher
The level one refresher is a one day (8-hour) refresher designed to provide avalanche hazard management review.
The course is expected to:
- Provide a review of avalanches
- Refresh the framework for decision making and risk management in avalanche terrain
- Focus on identifying the right questions, rather than on providing “answers.”
- Give lessons and exercises that are practically oriented, useful, and applicable in the field.
- Refresh companion rescue skills.
At the end of the Level One refresher course the student should be able to:
- Plan and prepare for travel in avalanche terrain.
- Recognize avalanche terrain.
- Describe a basic framework for making decisions in avalanche terrain.
- Learn and apply effective companion rescue.
Not sure if this course is for you? Take this quiz to find out how avy savvy you are! Avy Quiz
- Reviews (0)