Sport Chalet Five Day Kids Mountain Adventure!
Sport Chalet and Sierra Mountain Guides have teamed up to bring your kids a summer of fun. Join us this summer to get your kids climbing the rocks instead of your walls! For 5 days, our highly trained, AMGA guides and naturalists will teach your kids about rock climbing, bouldering, natural history, team building, and local flora and fauna. We are happy to provide everything your child will need including lunch, harnesses, helmets, climbing shoes and chalk bags. We will visit several areas around Bishop, Mammoth and June Lake to expose your children to different mountain activities. We will provide lunch and drinks for each day. In addition to a great experience the kids will get a t-shirt to prove that they made it to the top! Nothing is better for kids then getting outside in the fresh air, exercising, and facing a challenge!
Safety is our number one priority, fun is a close second.
Half day introduction to rock climbing, half day guided local natural history immersion experience.
Day two is the time to apply the newly learned skills form day one. Hand jams, smearing, belay, and much more. After lunch we will have a half day team building activity.
On day three we will learn the ins and outs of bouldering. Spotting, crash pads, top outs and more will be the terms of the day. Around lunch time we will head over to the famous June Mountain ski area for a chair ride, lunch and hike.
Today we will go into the famous Yosemite National Park. Day four includes a hike and swim in the Tuolumne Meadows area.
Half day rock climbing, wrap up pizza party and awards ceremony slide show.
- Kids are supervised during the day but will need parent or guardian supervision in the evenings
- Full payment due with registration
Round 1 June 22– 26
Round 2 July 13– 17
Round 3 August 3-7
- 6 kids to each coach
- Maximum group sizes of 12
$445 per child
- Bishop, Mammoth and June Lake areas
- The ability to have fun fun fun!
- General fitness and the ability to walk on uneven ground.
- Ages 7-15
- Parents are encouraged to come along take pictures, help belay, and enjoy the mountains.
- All necessary rock climbing equipment:
- Harness (full body harnesses for children under 65 pounds)
- Kids helmet
- Sticky rubber climbing shoes
- Group climbing equipment (ropes, protection, etc.)
- AMGA trained and/or certified coaches
- Short length of rope for practicing knots at home
- Snacks and drinks including gluten and nut free options
- Sport Chalet Kids Mountain adventure t-shirt
- Discounts on Sport Chalet equipment
- Pizza party
- Slide Show
- Certificate of Completion
- Transportation to and from each location
- Supervision in the evenings
Click the Sign up Button or Call (760) 648-1122 with questions.